50hr Trauma-Informed Yoga Teacher Training
Friday – Sunday, October 16-19 & October 23-25, 2020 | held online via Zoom
Through lecture, self-inquiry, group discussion, practice teaching, and the latest advances in neurobiology, we will investigate trauma theories, trauma informed yoga, and body based healing. After completion of this training with The Bodywise Institute you will feel empowered to offer trauma informed yoga classes to a variety of populations. If you are not a yoga teacher, this training will support you in your own self regulation, and offer you tools you can use with patients and clients.
As a student in this training, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of what trauma is and the impact. Specifically, how traumatized people process information, trauma symptoms, and how trauma impacts sensorimotor processing.
- Learn how trauma affects children’s proprioception, interoception, brain development, emotional regulation, and cognition.
- Through exploration of A.C.E, complex trauma, developmental trauma, and attachment theories, you will be able to articulate the range of adaptation to trauma in early life.
- Learn tools to increase heart rate variability, increase neuroplasticity, decrease activity in the default mode network, induce the relaxation response, support nervous system regulation, body awareness, and communication. These skills will be useful in your own journey as well valuable to integrate in your role as a teacher.
- You will have tools to make your standard classes more trauma sensitive. Through practicum, you will feel empowered to offer trauma-informed yoga classes with individuals and small groups.
- We will explore recent advances in neurobiology of trauma, and how trauma-informed yoga can be a body-based tool for those healing trauma.
Dates/Times/Location & Other Details
- Location: Held online via Zoom
- Dates: Fri-Sun, October 16-19 & October 23-25, 2020
- Times: Friday 4-8pm, Saturday 11am-7pm, Sunday 11am-7pm ET (schedule may shift)
Sliding Scale Pricing
- Supporter Rate: $600
- Sustainer Rate: $400
- Community Rate: $200
- Custom payment plans available, email Caitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or more information
- VSAC non-degree grants accepted
- Eligible for 50 CEU credits
- Post course requirements for certification: Lead 10 trauma informed classes (minimum three attendees per class), read Overcoming Trauma Through Yoga: Reclaiming your Body by David Emerson and Elizabeth Hopper, PhD or Waking the Tiger, by Peter Levine, PhD, and provide a page summary, and choose an area of the Anatomy curriculum that interests you and write a one-half to one page write up. Complete 2 one-on-one online mentoring session with a training facilitator, cost is $100/session. Scholarships to discount these sessions are available on a case-by-case basis.
Please note: This is not a therapeutic intensive. Whilst we hold space for interpersonal transformation, this is professional training. Also, missing more than two hours of training, will require individual to pay for an individual session(s) with one of our trauma facilitators, to be eligible for certification.
BodyWise Institute offers trauma-informed yoga programs, professional trainings, and international aid to facilitate healing trauma through our foundation. We provide trauma recovery through trauma-informed yoga, and we recognize the body's unique role in healing. Our Baltimore-based nonprofit organization is dedicated to a larger conversation, recognize the body’s unique role in healing.
- COMMUNITY: At BodyWise we recognize the biological and emotional benefit of social engagement and connection. Research demonstrates that one close childhood friendship has measurable health impacts across a lifetime. We strive to create avenues for deep connection in the classroom and continued relationships post-course completion.
- TRUST: Our institute is built on a strong foundation of trust. This rock-solid structure allows us to create a safe space for self-development. We hold ourselves to a high standard of integrity, working with leading experts in each field to bring you programs based on evidence and peer-reviewed research.
- PLAY: “The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect, but by the play instinct.” -Carl Jung // Play is our brain's favorite way of learning. Research by Dr. David Whitebread of Cambridge University shows that play increases brain development and establishes new neural connections. We therefore strive to incorporate play and experiential exercises into our courses.
- GROWTH: We believe in and foster the innate possibilities within our facilitators, students, and teammates. Self-development, deep inquiry, healing, and transpersonal relating are woven into the very fabric of our professional training and office culture. We believe it is unethical to guide the growth of others without taking strong accountability for our own, therefore each year we host a retreat designed for our facilitators’ growth and development.
- SERVICE: It is a privilege to make the world a better place. Each year we award 100 training scholarships to those with demonstrated need and those who wish to volunteer in underrepresented communities. A portion of earnings from all trainings is donated to our sister organization BodyWise Foundation, a nonprofit that researches trauma-informed yoga in refugee camps and cities across the USA. The foundation also provides free trauma-informed yoga to survivors of trauma.
About Eleanor Bramwell
Eleanor believes in the untold potential of each being, and stewards the human impulse towards wholeness and healing.
A radical visionary, and conscious entrepreneur, she is the Executive Director of BodyWise Institute. Dedicated to a life of service, she also founded the BodyWise Foundation, a non profit offering free resources to those healing trauma.
El is known for creating sacred space and powerful facilitation. A professional training with her will grow you, as she weaves invitations for self growth and transpersonal relating into all she offers.