Sangha Studio is a tax-exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit, donation-based yoga studio.
All donations help support community outreach and yoga service initiatives.
What are my options for making donations at Sangha Studio?
When taking a class, workshop, series, etc. at Sangha Studio, there are various ways to donate:
- The suggested donation per drop-in class is $10-$15, but any donation you are able to make is appreciated.
- Our One-Week Class Pass is $25 for one-week unlimited classes and does not auto renew.
- The Sustaining Membership auto renews on the first of each month for $60. It must be paid with a credit or debit card. See more details on that on our Individual Membership Page.
- Suggested donation pricing for workshops, series, etc. is listed on our Workshop & Events page under each event. Sustaining Members have access to lower suggested donation amounts at these events.
What does becoming a SUSTAINING MEMBER mean?
It means that you’ll become a part of Sangha Studio. Your monthly donation helps support community outreach and yoga service initiatives. Memberships are the bread and butter of keeping our doors open. The more members we have, the better we can serve. The more members we have, the more classes we can offer, the more opportunities we can give to those in need, and the more we can expand.
Sustaining Members are offered:
- You are a part of the Sangha Studio community!
- Your monthly donation helps support community outreach and yoga service initiatives.
- Access to practice as often as you’d like in any of our drop-in classes at both studio locations.
- Lower suggested donation amounts on workshops, special events, and retail
- Member mat storage in the studio (soon to be personalized!)
- Invitation to our semi-annual Sangha Social events. These events promise to have free snacks, a cash bar and plenty of great conversation. These meetings are also your opportunity to vote on board-related items and share any feedback you have about the studio. See notes from previous meeting below.
Corporate Sustaining Memberships
I’m going away for the month. Can I put my membership on hold? How do I cancel my membership?
Memberships can be put on hold or cancelled at any time filling out the form on our Change of Membership Status page 2 days before the end of the month.
I’ll be out of town for two weeks, can I put my membership on hold for that time?
We cannot put memberships on partial holds. You can however, put your membership on hold and then pay by donation for the classes that you do come to that month.
When does the money come out of my account for the Sustaining Membership?
Memberships are processed on the 1st of each month. The payment will process within the first three days of the month (depending on banking days).
How come my friend got to pay less than $60 for their first month?
When someone joins Sangha after the 1st of the month, the cost of the membership is reduced each day because they have already missed a few days in the month. We call this “pro-rating.” The full membership rate is charged on the 1st of the month the following month.
I purchased online and my membership didn’t get prorated.
Unfortunately, memberships cannot be pro-rated when purchased online and they begin on the 1st of the following month. For this reason, we recommend signing up for your membership in the studio if you’d like to start right away or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking/ Wheelchair Access
Both of our studio locations are wheelchair accessible.
120 Pine St.: There is a public parking garage just 1.5 blocks away. Metered parking is located out front and along Main Street. Our studio is wheelchair accessible from the back entrance and the accessible parking spot can be accessed by taking a right into the parking lot off of Main Street, just before Yogarama. The front entrance is up one flight of stairs.
237 North Winooski Ave.: All parking in the Old North End of Burlington is residential street parking. There are many side streets where you can park for free (just confirm you are on the right side of the street!). Our studio is ground level and is wheelchair accessible from the front and back entrance. The back entrance is accessed via the parking lot. This lot is for the residents in the building but available as accessible spaces during the day.
120 Pine St., Burlington VT. This is at the cross section of Pine Street and Main Street, behind NorthStar Sports and Yogarama.
237 North Winooski Ave., Burlington VT. This is at the intersection of North Union St., Decatur Ave., and North Winooski Ave.
120 Pine St.: This studio location comfortably fits 32 students.
237 North Winooski Ave.: This studio location comfortably fits 45 students.
I left my shoes at the studio after class.
We have a lost and found located in the front of the studio. Stop by any time we are open to grab em’!
Do you have a mat I can use?
We have mats, bolsters, blankets, blocks and straps available in the studio for everyone to use at no additional cost. You are welcome to bring your own as well. We have water and cups available, as well as tea for before or after class. Stay a while and relax with us!
What should I wear?
Comfortable clothing that you can move in! We often suggest form fitting clothing because it will be easier for the teacher to see how your body moves in space and give you any assists or alignment cues that could improve or enhance your practice – but that’s only if you are comfortable in it. Some people wear pants, some wear shorts. Some wear shirts, some don’t. All we ask is that your private regions remain fully covered.
Do you have a changing room?
Yes! We have two changing rooms at 120 Pine Street and one at 237 North Winooski Ave.